- Hits: 6771
The Operations Department coordinates all operational and security matters in the country.
- It gives guidance, facilitates, monitors all operations, which are carried out in Police Provinces and also acts as an interface between the Organisation, members of the public, the Regional and International law enforcement partners.
- Planning, controlling and directing police operations in liaison with other State Security agencies.
- Liaising with Police Provincial Commanders on matters pertaining to patrols, roadblocks, guards, internal security and police deployments for national events and / or disasters.
- Police attendance of National Joint Operations command meetings.
The Department also controls and directs the operations of the following sections;
- Police Provinces
- Support Unit
- Police Protection Unit
- Press, Public and International Relations
- Police Intelligence
- National Anti-Stock Theft Unit
- Security and Protocol Services
- Police Reserve
- National Highway Patrol