Police Client Service Charter
- Hits: 14096
The Zimbabwe Republic Police is a people-oriented police service provider that seeks to maintain law and order towards the socio-economic development of the people. The organization came up with a Client Service Charter in a bid to clearly spell out the minimum service our clients can expect from the ZRP. The document was crafted with a view to entrench a results based performance culture within the organization that will enhance police service delivery.
To be the leading police service provider in the world by the year 2020
To maintain law and order, protect and secure the lives and property of the people and to institute dynamic policing practices that engender effective prevention, investigation and detection of crime.
The Zimbabwe Republic Police is established by Section 219 (1) of the Constitution of Zimbabwe which provides that:-
There is a Police Service which is responsible for –
- Detecting, investigating and preventing crime;
- Preserving the internal security of Zimbabwe;
- Protecting and securing the lives and property of the people;
- Maintaining law and order; and
- Upholding this Constitution and enforcing the law without fear or favour.
- Next >>