Police Band Hiring Procedure
- Hits: 3452
The Police Band is a section of the Zimbabwe Republic Police charged with the responsibility of providing musical services to the State, Police and the general public in order to promote good police-public relations. The police band is located in Morris Depot, Harare but is available for performance nationwide.
The section has a total of 08 [eight] musical groups as follows:
- Dance Band
- Brass Band
- Traditional Dance Group
- Apostolic Melodies
- Choral Group
- Accappella Music Group
- Marimba Band
According to Part 1, paragraph 11.4 of the Police Standing Orders Volume 1, the booking procedure for Band services is as follows:-
- The hirer writes an application letter addressed to the Secretary for the Zimbabwe Republic Police Band Committee requesting for the services of the police band group of his/her choice and the following information has to be included in the application.
- The name and office at which the performance is required.
- Date, place and time of performance.
- The type of band required.
- Applicant’s contact details especially phone numbers.
- Guest of Honour where applicable.
- Subject to the availability of the band, the secretary shall complete a band performance application form [ZRP Form 25] on behalf of the hirer and shall submit it to the Band Committee for approval. The Band Committee is composed of the Commandant Depot, Deputy Commandant Depot and the Director Music or Deputy Director Music as the case may be. A treasurer and a secretary are appointed by the Director Music.
After consideration by the Band Committee, the hirer’s application letter will be immediately replied stating whether the requested Band will be available to perform at the function or not, in which case an approval or regret will be given.
- The successful applicant will be required to:-
- Deposit the stipulated band charges 7 days before the date of the function in the supplied Band Fund Account Number and provide proof of payment or
- Make the payment through the Band Finance Clerk at Band District Headquarters in Morris Depot upon which a receipt will be issued.
- Pay the required performance allowances for performers where necessary through the Finance Clerk or make a deposit in the Band Fund Account.
- Provide adequate, fully insured and suitable transport for band members and their instruments to and from the venue.
For enquiries concerning Police Band booking and any other information, the contact numbers are 04-708415 or 0712 831 594.